Last weekend’s final auction numbers are in showing a final auction clearance rate of 41%. These results are the lowest recorded – in the corresponding period - since October 2011.
This weekend the combined capital cities are expected to see a lower volume of auctions this week with CoreLogic currently tracking 2,285 auctions, down from the 2,631 held last week and lower than the 2,890 homes taken to auction one year ago.
See the full wrap from last weekend and Geoff White’s thoughts about the weekend ahead which will be the final weekend of reporting before the annual break.
NOTE: Over the summer period, CoreLogic Auction Update will continue every Monday with a special video series produced and live streamed then made available at PropertyTV . Kevin will catch up with Phil Parker, Veronica Morgan and Matthew Hayson to discuss:
• How auctions work
• What to expect as a buyer and a seller (some great tips)
• The role the auctioneer plays in the process
• How to make a pre-auction offer and if it is wise
• How to choose a good ‘auction agent’
• Some powerful bidding strategies
• The properties that should and should not go to auction
The first in the special summer series will be broadcast on Monday 24th December.